Exercise makes your muscles work and makes your body burn calories. You can choose between many types of physical activity including swimming, jogging, running, working, as well as dancing to improve your physical health.
Here are some of the benefits of regular exercise, learn more about them here:
- It makes you happier: Exercise improves your mood and decreases feelings of depression, stress and anxiety. Changes in the brain are brought about by exercise and alleviate anxiety and stress. Serotonin and norepinephrine are released during exercise and relieve the feelings of depression. Exercise also produces endorphins, which help to impart feelings of positivity and reduce pain perception.
- Helps with weight loss: If you are inactive, you will gain weight and be obese. Energy is expended in three ways in the body; by digesting food, exercising as well as maintaining crucial body functions like breathing and heartbeat. Regular exercise has been shown to increase the metabolic rate, which will induce weight loss as it burns calories. If you combine aerobic exercise with resistance training, it maximizes the loss of weight and helps to maintain muscle mass.
- Beneficial for bones and muscles: exercise plays a crucial role in maintaining of strong bones and muscles. Weight lifting will stimulate building of muscles and it is helped by adequate protein intake. Hormones are released during exercise that enhances the ability of muscles to absorb essential amino acids, helping them grow and reducing breakdown of muscles. If you are a young person,. Exercise will build density of bones, which prevents osteoporosis later in life.
- Increase in energy levels: For healthy people, exercise is an energy booster, and also helps people who suffer from different medical conditions. If you have persistent fatigue, regular exercise for 6 weeks will significantly improve your energy levels. Chronic fatigue syndrome and other illnesses will be effectively combated by exercise, and increase their energy levels so that they can function better. Techniques like stretching and relaxation which are passive techniques, also have a beneficial effect on the health of people who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Reduces chronic disease risk: One of the factors for chronic disease is lack of exercise. With regular exercise, you will improve insulin sensitivity, cardiovascular fitness, as well as body composition, which decreases blood pressure and the levels of blood fat. It is recommended that you do daily exercise to reduce your belly fat and decrease lifestyle diseases.
- Skin health: If you have excess amounts of oxidative stress, your skin will be adversely affected. This happens when the antioxidant defense cannot completely repair the damage caused by free radicals in the skin. Regular exercise will increase the levels of antioxidants in the body, which will protect the cells.
- Brain health: If you exercise regularly, you will find that your brain function, memory and thinking skills will be improved. Exercise increases the blood flow to the brain and stimulates hormone production that enhances growth of cells in the brain.
These benefits of exercise should get you thinking and inspired to work out on a regular basis.