Minoxidil can be applied both ways, minoxidil foam vs liquid form. Utilising minoxidil is easy. As a once-daily topical therapy, you can apply minoxidil to affected locations of your scalp in the morning. Minoxidil is safe to utilize with most hair items, meaning it’s generally not essential to make any type of modifications to your existing hair treatment routine.
Before you begin using minoxidil, it’s important to see to it that it’s the best choice for treating your hair loss:
- If you’re presently suggested a drug that might add to hair loss, such as an antidepressant or therapy for cancer or any type of various other serious condition, talk to your medical professional prior to considering minoxidil as a therapy alternative.
- If your loss of hair is the result of a nutritional shortage, anaemia or other diet-related concern, it is very important to take steps to enhance your diet as well as see to it you take in all of the essential nutrients for healthy hair growth before making use of minoxidil.
- If you have a loss of hair due to pregnancy, consult your doctor prior to taking into consideration of minoxidil as a treatment option.
Exactly How to Apply Minoxidil to Your Scalp
Minoxidil is created for the once-daily application, with the early morning, the best time to use the liquid service to your scalp. You need to make sure:
- Prior to using minoxidil, ensure your scalp, as well as hair, is dry. Moisture can influence minoxidil’s absorption, suggesting that a lowered quantity of the drug could make its way into your hair roots.
- You ought to stay clear of shampooing your hair for four hours after using minoxidil. This implies it’s typically best to wash your hair and scalp prior to using the therapy.
- Use the minoxidil option to the influenced areas of your scalp. If needed, you can spread out the minoxidil remedy over the target area utilising your fingers.
- Permit the minoxidil to dry normally, do not make use of a hairdryer to dry out the liquid option.