Ritalin (methylphenidate) is a stimulant for thecentral nervous system. It is prescribed for narcolepsy treatment. Narcolepsy is uncontrollable sleepiness. Ritalin is also prescribed for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD).
How Ritalin treats ADHD?
An ADHD patient who is above six years can be prescribed Ritalin. But in some cases, they are also prescribed for patients who are below six years old diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
How Ritalin treats ADD?
It is still unknown that how exactly methylphenidate works. Most of the experts and doctors agree to the fact that it affects the mid portion of the brain which controls impulses. Mostly likely methylphenidate changes the balance of chemicals and can respond to stimulant more selectively.
Difference between Ritalin and generic methylphenidate:
There’s no difference in theeffectiveness of both,and chemically they are identical. But some ADD patients report that they feel some difference in between the two. They say that the brand Ritalin acts more efficiently in them whereas the generic version doesn’t. Though clinical trials don’t support this claim and some think that it could be placebo effect the patients feel so. Some patients claim that they found no difference in both of them.
Side effects of Ritalin or methylphenidate:
Your body when newly exposed to the drug might cause some side effects, but as and when your body gets adjusted to the drug, there shouldn’t be any side effect. If still the side effect persists, you should visit your doctor or physician.
- Common side effects: Nervousness, loss of appetite, trouble sleeping.
- Lesser common side effects: Drowsiness, nausea, headache, dizziness, stomach ache.
You should immediately check with your physician or doctor if any of the below-mentioned symptoms show up:
- Common side effects: Increased blood pressure, tachycardia (fast heartbeat).
- Lesser common side effects: Black and/or tarry stools, chest pain, joint pain, fever, blood in the urine, red spots like pinpoint over theskin, hives, rash, unusual bleeding o bruising, uncontrolled movement of the body or limbs.
- Rare side effects: Vocal outbursts and tics which are uncontrolled, blurred vision or if your vision changes.
Due to high dose or if consumed for a long time:
- Unwanted body mass reduction, loss of appetite, mood change.
- Severe confusion, convulsions or seizures, agitation, dryness of mouth, afalse sense of well-being, fever, fast or pounding or irregular heartbeat, increased blood pressure, large pupils, headache, increased sweating, overactive reflexes, twitching of muscles, hallucinations, vomiting, tremors and trembling.
If you are living in Australia, you don’t have to go to pharmacist anymore; rather you can order Ritalin online from https://australiatrustpill.com/ritalin-online/.